Thursday, March 31, 2005

F5

I was in standby mode for sometime now...not my usual-self, really. Certain things were keeping me down and wouldn't let me enjoy life the way i used to. To sum up, neither company nor solitude could cheer me up...life sucked...and then, yesterday, came the phonecall from an old buddy as a blessing in disguise.
No, he did not have a foolproof solution to my problems...rather he gave me a lucid suggestion to keep myself upbeat despite all the hassles surrounding me. It was simple, yet perfect. He asked me to enjoy life and do things i liked doing the most. The only thing that I'll have to keep in mind though is to not be addicted to anything and schedule my time sensibly, so that I could do both- things i like to do and things i ought to do.
I was feeling so good after talking to him for about an hour last night. He was talking like a big brother, although he's younger to me :). For the first time in my life, I realized how good it'd have been to actually have an elder brother who went through the same things as I do now. He went through a similar phase and he had an elder sis who offered him invaluable advice and instilled in him, self-belief. Now, he has passed them on to me and am more than thankful to him for that.
Now, I'll be able to see the world and embrace the niceties of it, just the way I wish to and used to...

PS: F5 = refresh...

3 comments:

Vetty Max said...

Ram, was this the near miracle you were talking about?

Sorry to be a little pessimistic...but somehow time scheduling, etc looks good on paper...but its the implementation part that will be tough.

Anyways all the best and welcome back da Ram. :)

vikraman said...

hey i've experience this myself..happens when you stay away from home for a long time.

Ram said...

k7- Chennai naa next word water problem nu dhaana nee solluva! :P - got used to expecting a lil pessimism from ur side! ;)

vik- exactly...i attribute a lot of it to being away from home and amma's "nachchu" !