Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Welcome, Spring!

I have always been awestruck by the manner in which seasons change in Cincinnati(in most parts of USA, for that matter). Even more surprising has been the timing of the colleges around the country. Spring quarter commenced a couple of days back in my university. Almost near-perfectly, the climate has also changed. Yes, looks like spring is here! The temperature was in the mid-sixties throughout yesterday and it has entered the 70s today, mostly 75 throughout the daytime.
The first thought that occured to me this morning when i saw the forecast was that I'll be able to play tennis from now on. Alas, my joy was short-lived, for I will not be able to play tennis, not today, since my tennis partner is back from a trip to India only today and is still suffering from jetlag(i could hear him snoring just as i reached the outside of his apartment door!). I'll have to be content with playing racquetball, for today.
Quite honestly, the single most important thing to me about soaring temperatures is the fact that i don't need to wear shoes all the time! I hate to waste a couple of minutes putting the socks on, tying the lace knot and such(hehe- call it laziness!) and worse, undress(??) it and wear it back for a matter of few minutes, for instance, when visiting a temple or a not-so-close friend, where I'll be obliged to remove my footwear. Slippers- you are certainly the best...I missed you so much for the last 6 months or so...Life without you was so very time-consuming!!

3 comments:

vikraman said...

hey post some photos, i was told spring is a romantic season.

Jammy said...

I had this problem of changing to shoes to play badminton in college, and believe me I used to play about 5 times a day!!! So what? I'm now used to wearing shoes and slippe is no more my best friend ;)

BTW, came to your blog after a loong time. Seems u r updating it regularly nowadays.

Ram said...

vik- i dont have any handy and sending pics here is a mess man! I'll try n send it to ur email when i get hold of some pics!

jammy- welcome back da! keep visiting ;) and let's hope i get rid of my aversion to shoes, soon.