Saturday, July 23, 2005

Sania Mirza

Sania Mirza participated in the Cincinnati WTA Tour. She managed to win the first two rounds and lost to the Japanese, Moregami, in the third round in straight sets on July 22nd. I was there at the court watching her lose! This was the first time ever that i was watching a tennis match in a stadium(or whatever!), and the experience was good. It'd have been sweet had she managed to win. After seeing the way she lost, i couldn't help but feel that her laziness was the major factor against her. She has a lot of scope to improve her backhand game and in rushing to the net to take the opponent's drop shots. She has power and I guess with a lot of practice and seriousness, she should be able to break into the top 25 ranks within a year or so.
Goodluck Sania!

5 comments:

PreethZzZ The Original said...

Cool u were able to experience it in person... I love tennis... I have been to several matches... It is awesome in that atmosphere... Although I like playing tennis much better than watching it...

About Sania, I dunno... I really am not a fan of hers... I was before I watched her matches and when everyone was saying she was sooo great... But then when I watched one of her matches she seemed to be a bit of an amateur... She did not have the flair that some of the top stars have...
Ok enuf before I get shot by her fans who are reading this... Hmmm you have given me an idea...I might write a blog on how much I dislike her.. lol! "Might" being the keyword.. Ok my own mini entry.. sorry for taking up soo much space.. loL!

Ram said...

preethi- yupp...playing is awesome, ofcourse. I haven't played in more than a month now due to lack of partners :(. and yeah, Sania is not comparable to the ranks of the top 20. She needs to improve her game a lot. Obviously the only reason for me to wish her well is her nationality ;).

ioiio said...

I noticed that too..

Oada mattennu adam pidikkaraaa

arethusa said...

"Obviously the only reason for me to wish her well is her nationality"

Only reason??;)

Ram said...

ioiio- yeah! second set la odi poyi yeduthathellaam first set la vittuttaa jollyaa! somberi!

shy- well ;).