Thursday, July 14, 2005

Autograph

Am delighted today. One of my favorite movies made in 2004 has won 3 national awards and i think all 3, deservedly. Firstly, the film itself has won the “Most popular film providing wholesome entertainment” award. Secondly, Chitra won the award for best female playback singer for the song "Ovvoru Pookkalumae" and thirdly, Pa Vijay, the lyricist bagged the award for the lyrics of that song.
Cheran earned my respect straightaway after i watched "Autograph". His acting was impeccable...very very realistic and his direction was amazing. The best, in my opinion, was the screenplay- simply flawless. The story might not be the best and i dont think it applies totally to this generation...but that can be just an opinion. Anybody who has lived and experienced life in India must like this movie. If they dont, then something's seriously wrong!
Chitra is my alltime favorite female playback singer. The feelings and emotions that voice brings into any song is unparalleled, in my opinion. She has the best voice of them all and in this particular song, did not have a tough job to do, thanks to the lyricist, director and Sneha, who made Chitra's job a lot easier. kudos to her for bagging the national award for the sixth time! Remarkable...
I dont follow any lyricist other than Vairamuthu closely, but i must admit that this particular song surprised me when i noticed that it wasnt Vairamuthu who had penned it after all. Great job by Pa Vijay. "muyaRchi yendRa ondRai mattum moochu pola swasippoam"...superb. If this song doesnt inspire you when you are down, i doubt if any other song would...

Great job guys. You've done proud to the tamil film industry and am really happy for u guys. Wishing u many many more awards in the future...

9 comments:

Vetty Max said...

Great songs, especially the Ovvoru pookkalume one.

Somehow could not relate much with the movie, while all the elders in my family were very impressed with it. Probably if I watch it again after a few years, I may like it better.

Heidi Kris said...

Nice one ram :-)

Yeah very good film.

I like the lyrics of Nyabagam varudhe. It reminds me of my school days and carefree life at Ranipet.

Enaku anda mudhal mudhal pidicha malabaar bedi line romba pidikum :D

arethusa said...

hmmmm...one movie that has been on my to-watch list for too long I guess...

Anonymous said...

saw that last week on the bus back home from kumbs...all long the kerala part was somehow the only one that i could sit thru :P:D

Ram said...

k7- you probably wont even after a few years da. In my opinion, the probability distribution of the age of people(when the movie was released) who love/like the movie is normal with mean being Cheran's age. He has made a film ideal for people of his age and they are the ones who'll relate to it the most...luckily, i dont fall too close to the "near zero" zone of the distribution ;).

Sri- cool.

Shy- like it or not, u should watch it once, Shy.

Sudh- same reason i gave for k7...

Anonymous said...

ram,

guess what ! I could relate to the movie machi...liked it very much...I have not been following the news lately but felt great to know that a 'deserving' movie got awarded.

good job dude !

Ram said...

ak= zep? thanks anyways :)

Madhu said...

Yes, it's a movie that touched chords in several people... well-deserved awards, surely. And I am really glad that the song bagged two awards. (The first time I watched the song, I was in tears - which is a very rare phenomenon!!)

Ram said...

desi n madhu- thanks for dropping by...