Monday, April 10, 2006

An evening away from my bedroom

Isn't it ironical that "bedroom" and "boredom" are anagrams? hmmm...

S called me at around 2pm on Sunday and said he'd drive down from Irvine along with his GF "R" at around 6pm. I was more than happy to say "sure". After all, we had met only once in the last 4 and a half years and got to spend only about 12 hours together then. He wanted to go out for dinner and spend some time here. It was a pleasant surprise cos one wudn't have associated S of the yore to pay friendly visits by driving 140 odd miles to and fro. He wanted my roommates to join us too. I thought "right!" and told him, "I'll ask them". As expected, one of my roommates had to iron his clothes and the other one was not feeling well cos he had slept at 3 am the previous night!

S and R arrived just past six. I was introduced to R by S and then I introduced them to my roommates. One of my roommates was going to the temple and we thought we'll join him too(hattrick for me- that too friday, saturday and sunday!). We then dropped him at home so that he could iron his clothes peacefully and then headed to the San Diego downtown. It's been four weeks since i moved to this place and this is the first time i got a chance to go there, thanks to S for that. Seeing the downtown from the ground was certainly worth the hype i had gotten twice before, when I had seen it from a few thousand feet above the ground, although the fact that it was all dark by the time we got there is a pity.

We went to "Sea Port Village", which was a cool place. We had dinner at a restaurant there(forgot its name- "Sea" something). To my surprise, there were "three" vegetarian dishes and i chose Thai noodles. They ordered shrimp, fish and Margarita. So, i had to be content with my food and pepsi!

We soon got into discussions about our college days. It was great to remember those golden days. S was telling about the problems they were facing. R's iyer dad wants an iyer maaplai for her. She was telling me that they are kind of "ok" now, after seeing his photos(er- how?) and all. They are going to India in July to face the music. Goodluck to them!

S was also telling me about J- about how J had fallen in love with a chat friend of his, who was equally mad about him apparently, about how he went to Canada to see her parents and about how she never spoke to him ever since he returned! It was a depressing story. I feel that online relationships are becoming banal these days. hmmm...anyways, J's moving on and is thinking of getting married in December. He's another nice chap. Deserves a lot better in life. Hope it works out well for him.

So, S and R saw my depressing life...yeah, my roommates. They wanted me to come to Irvine(LA) every weekend on Friday night after work and leave sunday night. It was so nice of them and was hard to say no to. Let's see. If not every weekend, am thinking of going there atleast once a month until i find some "friends" here.

They left SD at 11pm. Before leaving, he gave me a card. It made me feel nice. He has changed quite a bit and i am sure R must have made a significant contribution to this cause. Left me feeling a bit jealous. What on earth am i doing being single at 26? where are you, my girl? ;)

17 comments:

Heidi Kris said...

have u ditched NandHini?? :P asking where ur girl is ;)

Has to be me said...

Goodluck in getting ur girl! Enjoy till then! ;)

Nostalgia said...

Ram, don't be suprised if he calls back with an Amway message. Btw what did his card say?

Anyways who is Nandhini?

Ram said...

Sri- sHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

has to be me- lol. true...and welcome! :)

Nost- You wouldnt believe that when i was half way through writing this post, that thought struck my mind. We are so used to thinking that way in this country. I hated myself for thinking that way about him, although only for a second. The card he gave me was a greeting card, wishing me success in my career.
Nandhini is not worth the hype. Will tell ya when we talk...

Heidi Kris said...

:-s :-$ ;) :P

Zeppelin said...

enna da dhideernu "REMO" va maarite ? ;)

btw, Good Luck with your job dude.. :)

Ram said...

Arun- hehe...but indha Nandy is a waste da :(

Ram said...

and thanks! :) - hope u got the mail i sent some time in March!

Ram said...

adhukkum samathukkum enna connection? :-?

Ram said...

ponnu kooda link panninaa samathu illayaa? why? why? why? !!


onney onnu thaan correctaa solli irukka nee - the last sentence :P

swas said...

Seeeeeee everybody knows you already have a girl!! "Peraasai perum nashtam!" - Kelvi pattathunda? ;)

Ram said...

Swas- enna solla vara? :-/

anyways, naan "uLLuvadhu uyarvuLLal" dhaan kaelvi patrukkaen :P

Zeppelin said...

got your email bud.. india la irundhen appo..so forgot to reply.. inga vandhu dhan paathen... came back to work this monday only.. :)

take care.. and..

nadathu.. ;)

Prasanna said...

nandini!!! lol =))

Ram said...

pv - :)

cutefreaky said...

hehee.. another guy wonderng abt being single at 26.. good luck with ur search.. ask raz.. nice aMAnni in MatchIng..lol..
tata
sukku

Ram said...

sukku- lol. thanks, but no thanks :P