Saturday, June 18, 2005

The "Know Me" Tag

I have been tagged again and this time by Shy! Well, there was no name for this tag when it reached me- so i've named it the "know me" tag!

Well…here goes!

Three Names I go by:
Ram- by most friends
Jagan- by parents and relatives
Machi- aint it universal!!?

Three screen names:
rammgopalt
minimal ego
Ram- well...

Three physical things I like about myself:
my lips
my eyelashes (damn!)
my forearms- had to name a third one- hehe

Three physical things I dont like about myself:
My hair"style"(it's a mess!)
My feet(they are flat!!)
My double chin(am hoping it'd be out of the list very soon ;) )

Three parts of my heritage:
Chennai- home sweet home
Coimbatore- holidays meant Kovai until a few years back
Chengalpattu- childhood days were spent there

Three things that scare me:
peer pressure(it sucks big time!)
the thoughts after doing something morally incorrect
a bad marriage(what if?)

Three things I want in a relationship:
A girl to whom money means very little...if it means nothing, it's a big plus!
A girl who's voice isnt cacophonous...sweet voice is a plus!
A girl who's open-minded or atleast is willing to be open-minded to hear out things i tell her- obviously, there's no obligation to agree to what i say- but i have the confidence that if she knows me well, she'll find it hard to say NO :P

Three statements which are not all true or all false(Shy- u left this out :P- i changed it a little to make it interesting):
I have 6 fingers on my left hand.
I have never been in a relationship before.
I find it hard to maintain eye-contact while talking.

Three physical things about the opposite sex that appeals to me:
Just-about-right figure- too fat or too thin dont attract me physically.
Big eyes(am getting ambitious now!).
A nose that is neither sharp nor blunt, big nor small, long nor short- hehe!!

I guess- in other words, someone like Aishwarya Rai ;)

Three things I want to do badly right now:
Be in Chennai(damn my next point)
Finish my Masters degree
Start working

Three places I want to go on a vacation:
Europe(my knowledge about places shows, i guess :P)
Srirangam- have been there only once and have absolutely no memories from that trip...
Shimla, maybe

Three kids names i like(Shy-omitted, again :D):
Aishwarya
Divya
Priya

I'll leave it for my wife to decide the name if it's a boy :P.

Three things to do before I die:
Take photographs standing next to 1.Sachin Tendulkar 2.Kamal Hassan 3.Aishwarya Rai.
Do something good for my countrymen(especially the financially challenged), that gives me satisfaction.
Give my best to raise my children(or child-we'll adopt a child in the event of failing to have one on our own- i have had thoughts of adopting a kid in any case...but am not sure if am that courageous and it also depends on what kind of wife i get) as (a) selfless individual(s) and also secure a good future for them(him/her) by never ever forcing them(him/her) to do things that i failed to do(or aspired to do but couldn't) as a child.

Three of my everyday essentials:
A shower and the prayers that follow.
Internet.
Music.

Three things I am wearing right now:
My spectacles(i also use contacts!).
My Poonal(Sacred thread that goes across my torso from left top to right bottom).
My Watch(i part it only when there's a good chance of my left wrist getting dirty/foamy(note: not "wet"!)).

Three people who have been tagged by me now are:
Harish(favour returned- hehe), Jammy(i hope u dont mind!) and Niranjan(are u even reading my blog these days, beta?)

19 comments:

Aravind said...

may be u can name ur boys arya,surya or satya (just a suggestion seeing ur obsession for names with "ya" ending!)
just kiddin ram ;)
aravind

arethusa said...

Aishwarya Rai-ya? :o Romba modest wish daan :P
yeah...I left out those two :D
And why do I get the feeling that you haven't revealed much? :-?
:P

Prasanna said...

u like ur eyelashes!!! ROTFLMAO...

Heidi Kris said...

Ram what about Nandini??

Ram said...

Aravind -lol...but i guess it'd be Jaspal, Dayal or Viral since my wife gets to choose it and since my name is "u know what" :P

Shy- hehe...i obviously aim high...adhu kedaikkum nu avasiyam illa :D. not revealed much? what did u expect? ;)

PV- :">

Sri- I haven't seen Anniyan yet :P

Jammy said...

One more name you go by: Gopal <..evil laugh..>
Ofcourse I don't mind getting tagged. It brings me pleasure to know that people remember me :)

arethusa said...

Oh well...I shd've said not much that I didn't know anyways!:P

Heidi Kris said...

Ram forgot to mention.. :)

Oru kozhandai adopting is a very good intention.. :)
Oru kozhandai of your own and one adopted too will be good ila??

Ram said...

jammy- the pleasure's mine!

Shy- hehe...u certainly did not know about my eyelashes and flat feet :P.

Sri- u might wanna reread that part, i guess...

Heidi Kris said...

Ram read it again..

u said "Give my best to raise my children(or child-we'll adopt a child in the event of failing to have one on our own- i have had thoughts of adopting a kid in any case...but am not sure if am that courageous..."

I suggested even if u have a kid of ur own, y not adopt a second one.! A small deviation from one family one child concept - One family - one own child and the other adopted !! :)

Ram said...

exactly Sri....i have given reasons as to why am not confident enough to do that...theoretically, yes- its an awesome idea...but there are a lot of practical complications involved...

"in any case" means "even if i have a kid or two of my own" there...

arethusa said...

LOL...hehe..yeah I didn't!:P

Heidi Kris said...

:) Ram

Mystic said...

great expectations ram!

Ram said...

mystic - idhudhaan uLLuvadhu uyarvuLLal :P

Mystic said...

paavam valluvar...nee ulluvadha ketkaama irukka thaan poi senthutaar...:P

Ram said...

mystic-hehe

savi said...

Hey ram... very nice one..

I esp like the adopting kid part :)

Are you quite so sure you'll have only girls? :P ellam ponnu pera sollarai..:D and i guess if u'd adopt u'd adopt a girl? :-?

and seriously..you have good eyelashes? :O adhu ponnu ku dhan azhagu :P

Ram said...

Savi- thanks. adopting a kid is a very brave gesture...am not sure if i will, yet and if i do, am not sure if it'll be a girl or a boy...though mostly girl dhaan, for various reasons!
i have mentioned that my wife will worry about the naming if it's a boy di :P- u dint read that?:D
eyelashes, cos one of my friends(a girl) was jealous that i have curly lashes and she doesnt :P...illenaa naan yen notice panna poren?