Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentine's Day

ok....me being me, i had to write something today!! Let me not get into the history of why Valentine's day is being celebrated today. It's supposedly the day when lovers(and dear ones too) express their feelings for one another and also supposedly the sales of greeting cards and flowers are at their peak!- on retrospect, maybe Christmas is an exception...

What is my opinion on celebrating V-Day? i think it's good to have such a day. For that matter, i am a fan of having special days for friends, mom, dad and so on. Sure, it doesnt mean that u love them or admire them just on that one single day...but in the fast-paced world we live in, it's always good to have reminders. We forget our friends' birthdays, anniversaries and so on. The online reminders are a boon. Similarly, this is a chance to tell our dear ones that we love them and care for them wherever we are and however busy we might be!

I have never proposed my love to any girl on a Valentine's day...26 of them gone now, in all! I think it'd be quite romantic to do so ;). But then again, it'll also be so artificial if i actually waited till that date in the event of me deciding that it's time for me to propose in december itself!

One of my friends from UC is getting married today...infact he must've gotten married by now. He came here with me, graduated, got a job here, worked for a few months and went back to India for good with a job in GE...now he's married to the girl he loved! *sigh*. Feb 13th, 2005 marked my parents' 27th wedding anniversary. It also meant that it's been 2 years since i visited India(the last time i went there was on feb 10th, 2003- only my sis knew that i was coming...i planned it so that i cud be there for my parents' 25th anniversary!).

Time's flying fast...hope i settle down soon!

No comments: