Thursday, February 24, 2005

Jeans

I saw the movie for the zillionth time last night. I just adore the movie. This is one of those movies which i love and know that others have valid reasons to hate! For a neutral movie watcher, the movie shud qualify as a "one-time" watch. But, i know a lot of people who just hate the movie...

The storyline is a lot better than most crappy movies in Tamil. The music is amazing(i guess all critics wud agree on that). I guess it's the histrionics of the cast that fails to live upto the expectations of these "haters". If Aishwarya's acting is amateurish, Prashanth's is ridiculous. Lakshmi, S V Shekar, Nasser and above all Radhika steal the limelight. But, unfortunately the "hero" and the "heroine" are pathetic. Is this reason enuf to "hate" a movie? i dont know and dont wanna try justifying it either.

I saw this movie 8 times in theatre when i was in college. With every extra time, my love for the movie increased. At one point in time, i knew the dialogues and BGMs byheart that i started uttering them in the theatre even as the movie was running. A lady who sat in the seat in front of me got upset and turned back and gave me a stare! Even that cudn't stop me. We(me n my friends) just started laughing at the whole scenario.

So...what made me see the movie 8 times in theatre? U'll be brutally wrong if u guessed it's bcos of Aishwarya's presence in the cast! Yes...that was a reason. But, not the only one. I thought she was her best in this movie(until i saw Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam). The first few times i went to see the movie was bcos of her. As i said earlier, everytime i saw the movie, i started liking something about it. The music, Shankar's handling of the plot, the graphics, the craze for America and a lot more caught my interest. To add to it, the fact that i had a reason to cut class! If being in college was fun, being outside college with college friends was more fun! I can never forget the good times we had outside of college and "Jeans" played a big part in helping us do that!

kudos to Jeans. i adore thee!!

4 comments:

Harish said...

Shankars handln of the plot?? What plot??

Ram said...

the amazing theme that "vidhyaasam vandhaa yetratthaazhvu varum"....:P.

capriciously_me said...

Aishwarya's acting is amateurish, Prashanth's is ridiculouswud rather say that prashant was amateurish bcoz i think that he has learnt a lot now & come a long way...personally i hate prashant and think that he is totally incapable!!...but even i wont agree that he was worse than ash..ash can never act....even in Hum DilDS, she was the black sheep..i think everyone else did a gud job :)

Thanks for visiting my blog :) and for ur comments :)

Ram said...

Although i have the softest spot in my heart for Ash, I think she aint as bad these days as what she was in Jeans. If u haven't watched "Devdas" and "Raincoat", please do. You can see the actress in her.
Prashanth...well, when Vijay, Ajit and him were vying for the top spot a few years ago, i thought he'd easily take the spot(partly bcos i hated Vijay's earlier movies and dint think Ajit was upto it). But i am really disappointed with his performances since then. No big hits to his name, compared to Ajit and Vijay- i think his acting has also pretty much remained stagnant. He sure has a long way to go...