Friday, January 21, 2005

Hankel Matrix

I was studying a IEEE journal paper yesterday and it mentioned something called the Hankel Matrix. I knew i had learnt about it somewhere in the past but i couldn't recollect what it was. After a google search, i understood what it was. It got me thinking...

How good are we at our fundas? Sure- I can never forget what Pythagoras Theorem is or what Kirchoff's law is. But, there are a lot of other things which i(we?) tend to forget. Some of them are worse in the sense that even if u get a full recap of what it is, it takes time to understand what it is. It's like u start from scratch again. Do we study to forget?!!

I remember the times when me and my sister used to make fun of our mom(a physics major) who did not remember a lot of things she studied in college that me n my sis were then studying in school. I now understand that she was right when she said, "unga pasanga unga kitta kekkum podhu theriyum da ungalukku!"("u'll realise it when ur kids ask u the same!").

I got no choice but to prepare myself for the inevitable embarassment in waiting!

2 comments:

Jammy said...

Kirchoff who? ;)

Ram said...

jammy- electrical engineer da nee!! marandhudaadha :P.