Tuesday, October 03, 2006

India will treat you like a Queen, my girl!

I've always wanted to go back to India for good and I still do. There was one astronomical concern though. I was not concerned about the big bucks...not wholly.

How was I to survive in India leaving my American love back here?

My first acquaintance with her happened in Pittsburgh, more than a year after i moved to the United States. Was it love at first sight or smell or touch? I don't think I can solely attribute the reason for my love to one of the above...it was something else- something that I cherish till this date and will for years to come. She was blazing hot but was bitter about something(she still is sometimes, depending on my mood though). I tried my best to cheer her up and within seconds she showed me how sweet she can be. I learnt that she was born in Seattle and that she was nine years old when I was born. Well, to be honest, it did not matter to me.

Then what some people would think is magic and what I think was a matter-of-time happened. I met her in Cincinnati, right inside my university. I started meeting her frequently, but could not open up to her, for i hadn't started earning then. A man needs to have some money before he can love without any inhibitions, doesn't he? "cruel world", i used to think. The coffee shop had become our vantage meeting point.

My love for her reached it's peak after i moved to San Diego. As you must have guessed by now, she was here too, ready to give me company wherever i went. But India? I felt again that it was a matter-of-time, but how long will i be able to wait? "If your love is true", I told myself, "she will come to India". But somehow, there was not much optimism left in me, despite the fact that India is westernizing a lot and that she might not find it hard to feel at home and prosper there.

I was worried that I'd end up missing her badly in India.

Now, there's no concern. She has decided to come to India...she's even planning to go there before I do and wait for me to make my arrival special. i'll perhaps even get a chance to embrace and kiss her right at the Arignar Anna International Airport...

you won't be missed dear, for I'll come to you soon...

15 comments:

Naren said...

oh... u r addicted to Starbucks!

& like rajeev said in Sri's blog - "hoping that atleast someone would write their own story"

aana, idhu konjam over :P - "If your love is true...she will come to India"

Anonymous said...

Went to the last line directly. :P

Starbucks has been wanting to come to India for a long time, but nothing concrete seems to be happening.

Zeppelin said...

ada paavi neeyuma ?

about your love going to India... glad-and-not-so-glad... any day, filer coffee is my first choice machi.. :)

Zeppelin said...

neeyuma nu kettadhukku idhan reason - "http://musicpaithiyam.blogspot.com/2005/04/solemn-tribute-to-my-love.html"

Heidi Kris said...

I guessed it right in the midway :D!!

meghjanmi said...

Ram,namma amma podara filter coffee vidava inda starbucks nanna irukku..?aduvum thanjavur filter coffee saapta naaku vere edukkavadu aasaai paduma enna!!
mystified..!!

Siva said...

dei, ethana per intha mathiri kelambi irukinga? one day u r going to write abt ur true love(?) and nobody's gonna believe :p
and was thinking why dont u write along the same lines about Aish? people like u make her sign up for 1 or 2 movies hoping she gets a hit someday ;)

Ram said...

Naren- hehe :D

K7- adapaavi :P - i hope they do soon!

Arun- cool post. I've noticed u mention Starbucks in a couple of other posts too :D - somehow to me, no filter coffee can match the white chocolate mocha man!

Sri- I expected people to guess it right in the first paragraph or when i mention "coffee shop" somewhere in the middle :D

MJ- i feel that white chocolate mocha is better than filter coffee :D

Siva- dei...true love paththi naan yen public-aa pesa poren? :P and Aish paththi enna solla vara? i don't get that part.

noon said...

hey Ram - I wrote a tamizh post couple of days back and suddenly thought I will come and see if you have any new tamizh posts and then I saw this - guessed it right away from the tone - like you were gonna really talk about your true love so openly - that itself gave it away - I wanted to play that "Boink" music in cartoons like it just got boring (since it's not really about your true love which would have made for spicy reading! :) ). Voodoo story eppdi poindrukku?!

Ram said...

anu- hehe. the intention was not to make it sound like i was talking about my true love but to keep the audiences guessing on what i was actually talking about.
no more Voodoo stories happening!
:(
:P

Kumpi said...

hey real cool one ! though all the while I was kinda sure there would be a twist in the end but my guess was some car model (as you guys normally like to flaunt "her"), so the surprise was there, great job !

Ram said...

Vidya- thanks! :)

you must find some time to write too. "The Swindler" is still fresh in my memory! :)

Heidi Kris said...

Ram, not sure if they will have the White chocolate even if She comes to India.

Ram said...

Sri- they will. "Suvarillaamal Chiththiramaa?" ;) hehe

Labakku Das said...

Naren and K7 have already commented on my behalf :P