Thursday, January 05, 2006

Anniversary...

It's been a year since i started this blog. Interesting to see that it's still alive. What started off with(as) a beautiful dream is still going on reasonably strongly and has managed to be more than just a dream...

My intention behind this post though is not to look back and relive old memories or to celebrate a year of successful blogging or to thank my readers for their support. It is to apprise my readers about another blog, one that was founded by MJ recently and one which aims to bring all patriotic Indian bloggers to write under one roof, as a first step towards creating a social organization which works for the development of India. As the description of the blog says, it is a dream vision of a clean,orderly and progressive India.

You need not be a person who fits in perfectly into the idealistic expectations the blog prescribes. I know I do not. It is enough if you want to be one and would give your best. Anybody without a cynical view towards India is welcome to join the blog and voice their opinions.

The central idea, in my opinion, is to get rid of the tentativeness most of us have in doing good things for our country. I believe that if it is acheived, half the work can be considered done. Working for the country without expecting anything in return, shunning the sense of embarassment one might encounter while failing, in an attempt to be radical and yet maintaining an optimistic view throughout the ups and downs are considered to be essential.

If you think you are someone who would love to spend some time and thinking for the welfare of India, please do send an email to MJ at LM20_iyengar@yahoo.com or to me at rammgopalt@yahoo.com or leave a comment to this post. We'll send you an invite that will let you post in our blog.

Every journey begins with a single step and I hope that this small endeavor of ours turns out to be helpful in some little way to our country...

Jai Hind!

New Blog URL:
http://myindiaasabeacon.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Heidi Kris said...

Congrats ram on your first year anniversary! Keep writing! All the best :)

meghjanmi said...

hey ramm..i love it too,:).
and such a gr8 idea to write abt our blog in ur post..kudos..
and my mail id would be-lm20_iyengar@yahoo.com..:)(will caps work..i dunno)
have a gr8 year ramm..hope our stone's throw creates wide enuf ripples..

Jammy said...

Congrats on the anniversary. Reminds me that my blog too has completed one year now!
Anyways, expect a mail from me with few queries.