Monday, April 18, 2005

Tight Corners...

Friend 1: I used to sleep so deeply earlier that i used to have no clue when the alarm went off. Nowadays, i switch the alarm off after the first or second ring and go back to sleep! Now, that's an improvement.
Friend2: How do you know for sure that it was the first or second ring? Is it actually the first and second rings or the first and second rings that you get to hear, after you wake up? I guess it's the latter.

Now, what can Friend 1 reply? I guess there's just no honest reply to that question.

During my first year here, i used to sleep a lot. Out of the 4 roomies(me,Shankar,Shyam and SK), i would invariably be the last one to wake up. All 4 of us were being ragged with one(or more!!) girl(s) at the university.

One fine day, Shankar said that i was talking in my sleep and that i said "fruit salad".
Shyam said "Ava onakku fruit saladaa daa?".

I did not know what to say. First of all, i wasnt sure if i talked in sleep. When in India, my dad used to say that i said something in English while sleeping and that it was incomprehensible. So, I could have...but I could not afford to accept that for these guys would rag like hell then! Either ways, they did rag me a lot because of this.

Shyam, after a few days, claimed that i was kissing the air while sleeping! Again, i had to blindly deny what he said, all the time wondering if it really happened!!
There were a lot of other instances of me talking in sleep and only after a good year or so did Shankar tell me that most of it was made-up. He said that the "fruit salad" story was true though!

Now, this is what i call a tight corner. I have put a lot of people in tight corners and it is fun. Only when you are put in one do you get to know how tough it is to get out of it! I miss those Glendora days...

1 comment:

Vetty Max said...

Ram you have nothing to lose...as you have pointed out, you can't prove them wrong. But similarly they too cannot prove you wrong if you say that they are lying.

Konjam kevalamaana logic thaan...but adjust.