Thursday, June 15, 2006

The AXE Effect

"Voodoo" has always been my second choice, until yesterday. Even this time, i was only forced to buy it cos "Phoenix" was not available in the store and cos I knew I won't get as good a deal on the price in any other store(ok, I was too lazy to goto another store). I felt proud that my first choice deodorant was used by so many that the store ran out of stock! I decided to compromise, not realising the blessing in disguise,...if i may.

At about 1 pm yesterday, I was in the lunchroom in my office, watching Germany take on Poland in the World Cup Soccer. There was a really pretty blonde girl in the room, which was a surprise in itself, sitting a few feet away from me, also watching the game(i was watching the game too, mind you). We must've stayed together there for less than 10 minutes. The room was crowded and there was no scope of talking to her. "Damn my luck", i thought, as always(good thing to put the blame on for my incapacities).
I went back at 3pm for tea and surprise, she was there too!
PBG: "hey. how you doin'?"
me: "hello"
PBG: "what perfume do u use? u smell great"
me(not blushing surprisingly enough): "oh, thanks. it's just a deo. Axe...Voodoo"
PBG: "oh! cool. see ya around..."
me: "sure!" ;)

Was relaxing browsing the net after a tiring day. It was about 11 pm and it was hot inside the house, thanks to the heater set at 78 degrees. Went outside to get some fresh air. There, sitting all alone, with a can of beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other was this beautiful brunette girl, who has been saying hi's and hello's to me from outside my window for the past 3 days. I decided to put some "kadalai" and asked her whereabouts. She was in San Diego visiting my neighbor and was from Arizona. We "kadalied" for about half an hour.
BBG: "am waiting for my friend. She's in the jacuzzi. hope am not ruining your sleep"
me(thinking, "not yet"): "no no. not at all. I don't sleep before midnight generally"
....
BBG: "what soap do you use?"
me: "eh?"
BBG: "what soap do you use? you smell very good"
me: "Dove"
BBG: "I've been smelling you for a very long time now. It's very good"
me(successfully avoiding blushing again): "well, it's probably my deodorant. Voodoo"
BBG: "oh. very good"
her friend, a cute brunette girl, who was half lost cos of the 6 beers inside her belly and half cos she lost her contact lenses in the jaccuzi arrived. BBG intro-ed me to CBG as A's neighbor(they both were visiting A, who's married unfortunately). CBG offered her hand.
CBG(pointing to the window in my room): "you are the guy who sits in this room, right?"
me: "yes, i am"
CBG: "What's your name?"
me: "Ram"
CBG: "What does it mean?"
me: "It's a God's name"
CBG: "that's cool"
CBG(sniffing the air): "it smells great, doesn't it?"
BBG: "it's his deo"
CBG: "cool. it's very good. must be an expensive one"
BBG: "it's Voodoo"
CBG: "good choice"
It was too much for one day and i did blush a little. They did not seem to notice ;)
BBG(offering her hand): "Thanks for keeping me company, R-A-M. Good night"
CBG: "Good night, R-A-M"
me: "good night girls. Enjoy the remaining days in San Diego"

12:15 am, today.
me(asking myself): "What must be the title for the blog, when i do blog later today from work about the remarkable day that yesterday was?"

Voodoo's here to stay...goodbye Phoenix! ;)

After all, who cares what my first choice is?!

33 comments:

Siva said...

dei, ethana Nal achu nee kulichu? UC'la weekly once u used to take bath.. ippo? :p

nadathu rasa nee.. BBG, CBG, next enna BIG? I meant beau Iyengar girl ;-)

Ram said...

Siva- i can feel the heat in ur "belly" 500 miles away :P
about me bathing once a week- u r commenting in Ram's blog, not "your fan"'s. =))
and...manaivi amaivadhellaam iraivan kodutha varam ;)

Vetty Max said...

Nalla mOpam pudikkarangale America ponnunga. Ensaai.

Zeppelin said...

deeiiii mavane.. azhukku mootai ! :p

btw, Phoenix is my #1 choice anyday.. friggin walmart ran out of phoenix last time i went there and i had to buy some crap 'essence' or something which smells like some fuckin insecticide !!! God help people around me! :)

Prasanna said...

u r a lucky dawg!!!! me also buying voodoo... my deo is close to empty :P

Ram said...

k7- adhey adhey ;)

Arun- hehe. most of the varieties suck da. Phoenix is very good, but Voodoo is the king now :P

PV- hehe. tell me what happens. :P all the best! ;)

Anonymous said...

Dei, vetti....pullaya veliya kooti poga kekama inga vandhu verva marundha pathi kirikiturukka.....venna......

""I've been smelling you for a very long time now. It's very good""

Idhukku mela oru manasti ennada seiyamudiyum! Pozhaika theriyadha pulla...

Ram said...

dna- yaarnaa neenga?

Ram said...

kow na...enakkellaam unga alavukku dheiriyam ledhu :P

anyways, velila koottittu poi? kaasudhaan waste :P

Kowshic said...

adap paavi.....osilaye then kudikalamnu pakara.....

Nostalgia said...

Dei ithu konjam too muchha therila...ethavadu nambara madiri sollu..

Ram said...

kow- kadalai podradhukku innoru peru thaen kudikardhaa? :-/

shanky- sivadhaan fire in the belly na neeyumaa? :P

Heidi Kris said...

nadathu :P

Siva said...

dei venna, those two gals would've laughed their hearts out saying - "that dumb a** really beleived what we said" :p

Ram said...

the heat in the belly has been doubled :P

Unknown said...

Hmmmm trust me this no vayitherichal comment and all. If a girl or a guy asks me what soap I use, I would be extremely paranoid. Edho ungala nalla oteerukaangannu dhaan thonudhu :)

Ram said...

wa- hehe, ok.

Siva said...

whatever...

Tyler Durden said...

enna koduma saravanan idhu ??

Ram said...

siva- it's ok. i know the first thing u did after reading this was to buy a Voodoo bottle- hehe :P

Tyler- aamaam Senthil. romba koduma :D

Kumpi said...

Hey, nice one ! No desi gals AXED ? :)

Kumpi said...

Hey, nice one ! No desi gals AXED ? :)

Ram said...

Vidya- axe desi-girls with AXE? u got to be kidding me. only reason am buying AXE and not some expensive stuff is to build my bank account using which i can axe the desi girl :P

Kumpi said...

No brownie points from any desi girl who reads the above comment :)

Ram said...

hehe :)

meghjanmi said...

ram,thanks for an idea..for 'the' anniversary gift!!!

Jammy said...

I don't like voodoo, but as you have said "who cares what my first choice is?!" :)
On second thought, since there is no use buying voodoo here, I'll stick to my own preference :)

Ram said...

MJ- why the "'the'"? is there a number involved or is it just cos it is "'the'"? ;)
and please, dont gift just this. else, it will be the cheapest anniversary gift, in terms of cost, ever :P

Jammy- dont like Voodoo-va? something wrong with ur nose-hehe. and no use-aa? don't come to conclusions based on my skewed writing, if it wasn't your conviction already :P

meghjanmi said...

ram..what does it matter abt cost..it is the thought..!!and this way,we can both enjoy it..though i admit i will be a trifle jealous if the girls in his office behaved as the ones in ur story did!!;)
'the' indicates my decision..:)

Ram said...

hehe. all the best ;)
and that's not a "story" :P

Ram said...

ram- there's a first for everything ;) and nandRi.

Anonymous said...

What Does valarga mean?

Ram said...

VaLarga means...prosper